Nando's Peri-Peri Butterfly Chicken Breast
"Nando’s Peri-Peri Butterfly Chicken Breast Recipe, one of the most delicious chicken recipes that is bursting with incredible flavours"
Love a cheeky Nando's?
...Why not get the real deal cooked from your own kitchen?!
This super easy Nando's Peri-Peri Butterfly Chicken Breast Recipe may put Nando's out of business!
To get all of the ingredients delivered to your doorstep, today - hit "Ordr Ingredients!" - scroll to the bottom!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tabasco (or any other chilli sauce)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of pepper
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
SERVES: 1 - 2
- To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, oregano, minced garlic, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Mix well to get a paste.
- To butterfly the chicken breasts: place your hand on top of a chicken breast, then run a long sharp knife along the side of the chicken.
- Slice the chicken breast in half horizontally, but do not cut all the way through.
- Open it up, and flatten it, it will have the shape of a butterfly.
- Use a meat tenderizer to flatten it down even more to the desired thickness.
- Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Rub the marinade on both sides of each butterfly chicken, then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Heat up a grill pan, and place one chicken breast at a time.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
My Active Kitchen, August 2019