Syn Free Lebanese Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Rice
Lebanese Chicken with Roasted Peppers and Rice is all you expect from a Lebanese grilled dish - a unique blend of lovely flavours.
Hit "Ordr Ingredients!" to get the ingredients delivered to your doorstep today (delivery slots are limited so make a move quick!)
- 8 chicken thighs, all fat and skin removed
- 1/2 cup of fat free yoghurt
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of sumac (use some paprika is you can't get this)
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds
- juice of a lemon
- spray oil
- 1 cup (240ml) of long grain rice
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- fresh coriander, roughly chopped
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 30 MINS
SERVES: 3 - 4
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, garlic, juice of a lemon and spices (including sesame seeds). Add the chicken thigh pieces and mix to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425f
- Add the peppers and onion to an ovenproof dish, spray with spray oil and roast in the oven till soft and caramelised (approx 30 mins), remove and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with foil, spray over the top with spray oil and place in the oven with the peppers after 10 mins. The chicken will take approx 20 mins to cook, you want it lovely and golden on the outside.
- Add the rice to a saucepan, along with the stock, bring to a boil and then simmer until stock is almost absorbed. Turn off heat, add the lid and leave for 10 mins (the steam trapped underneath will cook the rice perfectly.
- Once the peppers and onions are ready, add them to the pan of rice and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the chicken with freshly chopped coriander and serve alongside the rice.
- I also served with a salad, but this would go well with some other vegetables of choice too.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Slimming Eats, May 2017