Jamaican Callaloo Recipe
"Jamaican Callaloo is a popular Jamaican dish served in different variants. It is a green leafy vegetable when prepared is quick and delicious"
This dish is best served with Jamaican Boiled Food and Jamaican Fried Dumpling.
- 1 Bundle Callaloo/ 1 Packaged Grace Pre Cut Callaloo
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Small Tomato
- 4 Pimento Berries
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 3 Slices of Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- Wash and cut up Callaloo and place it in the skillet.
- Slice onions and pepper and add to the skillet.
- Chop tomatoes and place them in the skillet.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add butter on top.
- Add pimento berries and cover pot. Place heat on medium for 15 mins. Stir occasionally to mix all the seasoning and callaloo together.
- Turn Heat off and serve hot with any side of your choosing.