Jamaican Jerk Burger
"Juicy, Succulent, Spicy Jerk burgers to get the Summer BBQ season started the Caribbean way!"
This is one you'll love! It is easy to make and combined with a quick and easy creamy coleslaw and jerk mayo filling.
Enjoy the trademark jerk taste in the form of a burger!
- 750G Lean been mince
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1tsp Black pepper
- 5 pimento seeds or 1 tsp All spice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 2 spring onions halved
- 1 scotch bonnet chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp. browning / dark soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp. Golden breadcrumbs
- Jerk BBQ sauce
- 1/3 white cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tsp Jerk seasoning
- Firstly make your Jerk marinade by add all these ingredients to a blender: salt, black pepper, pimento seeds or 1 tsp all spice, sugar or honey, scotch bonnet pepper, onion, fresh thyme, spring onions, browning or dark soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, 100ml water and blitz to a thick & runny consistency
- For the burgers you’ll need to add the beef mince to a bowl, Add breadcrumbs and then mix in the jerk marinade. Tear off a palm sized handful of mixture and mould the it into a burger shape, repeat until mixture is all used, and set in the fridges for 30 minutes.
- For the coleslaw, wash and thinly slice carrots, and cabbage then add to a mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise & mixture all together and set aside in the fridge or cool area.
- Add burgers on to the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side or until preferred degree of doneness (medium, rare or well done)
- For the jerk mayo, mix together jerk bbq sauce and mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl.
- Build burger with the jerk mayo on the base bun, a layer of lettuce of choice, then the burger, with the coleslaw topping it all off.